Dual 4K Fanless Video Card

Thread: Dual 4K Fanless Video Card

Dual 4K Fanless Video Card

Hello. I hope everyone is well. I've recently purchased 2 Dell 32" 4K monitors. I've been searching around the interwebs and can't seem to locate a dual 4K fanless video card. Why fanless you might ask? My office is right off my bedroom and I don't wish to listen to video card fan noise throughout the night. Any suggestions on a video card would be most helpful. Thank you.

Is this system going to be used for any serious gaming?

Does the computer have more than one expansion slot that could be used for a video card?

Post the make and model of the computer, or the motherboard and case used if it is a custom computer build.

There are 2 computers. No, the computers will not be used for any serious gaming.

The computers have only 1 PCIe16 slot.

The computers are a Shuttle SX58H7 Pro and Shuttle SX79R5.

There are 2 computers. No, the computers will not be used for any serious gaming. Work mostly or using parametric modeling software.

The computers have only 1 PCIe16 slot.

The computers are a Shuttle SX58H7 Pro and Shuttle SX79R5.

The cases on those Shuttle systems only have a 2 slot width area for expansions cards. The specs on both show that they do have 2 PCIE 16 slots, however, fanless cards, both dual slot and single slot types, usually have heatsinks that extend out from the card farther that you would have room for. You might be able to find 2 single-slot fanless GTX 1030 cards that would fit, but you would have to check the specs and product images carefully. The fanless dual slot cards that I have seen all appear to have heatsinks larger than would fit in your cases.

https://graphicscardhub.com/best-pas...graphics-card/

You might be able to use a standard dual slot card with fans however. Since you are not going to be running gaming software that will cause the cards to really work hard, you may be able to find a card with fans that, under the loads you have, will not actually need to have the fans running, especially at night when you will not be using the systems (unless you are having them running your modeling software overnight).

@jdc2000
    I presently have lower end fanless cards in the computers now and the heatsinks do take up room, so much so that I couldn't install another card in the extra slot. I'm actually not worried about that. Just looking to get a couple of dual 4K fanless video cards. I found the site you listed before I posted. I was just hoping someone might have seen some cards that I haven't.

At this point, If you cannot find any GT 1030 cards that would fit, I would concentrate the search on a card with fans that has fan control software that would allow you to at least shut off the fans when the computer is idle or at least not doing any serious display work.

Thread Information