no ethernet IP address

Thread: no ethernet IP address

no ethernet IP address

NO ETHERNET IP ADDRESS
    That's the error I'm getting.
    The same problem I posted last week with connection resolved, but now starts again, it could be the cable, How can I Connect wireless?
    The TV is working, cableconnected to same modem.
    THANKS

I'm guessing you mean this thread?
    https://discussions.virtualdr.com/sh...hernet-issues9

Unless your PC has a wireless adapter (onboard, add-in card, or USB adapter), then you can't connect wirelessly.

Did you reset EVERYTHING like last time?

If the TV and PC are on the same switch, does the TV still work? If the TV is working, try swapping the TV and PC ports on the switch. (Ex. If TV=port1 and PC=port2, change the TV to port2 and PC to port1).

[QUOTE=Midknyte;1565008]I'm guessing you mean this thread?
    https://discussions.virtualdr.com/sh...hernet-issues9

Unless your PC has a wireless adapter (onboard, add-in card, or USB adapter), then you can't connect wirelessly.

Did you reset EVERYTHING like last time?

If the TV and PC are on the same switch, does the TV still work? If the TV is working, try swapping the TV and PC ports on the switch. (Ex. If TV=port1 and PC=port2, change the TV to port2 and PC to port1).[/QUOTE

Yesterday, at the 11th time total reset, in particular the Ethernet PC plug, everything was fine. Yes I did change ports: on the switch, and on the modem. But one plug green light on the switch was off, than all 3 lighted, but still none, than the last unplug and moving around the plug on the PC and suddenly came on, but the green light on it had always been on. Could be it didn't connect properly, the company tecnician assisting via phone told me to change the 10 mt cable, being 10 years old.
    But I still would like try connecting via WF.
    I find this on DEVICE MANAGER > System Devices: " NDIS Virtual Network Adapter Enumerator"
    Also : Network adapters > Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. (I wish for a MSFT copy paste, but not yet).
    Is that the THING? would I just to copy the password under the modem, but where on Windows?
    Thanks again

But I still would like try connecting via WF.
    I find this on DEVICE MANAGER > System Devices: " NDIS Virtual Network Adapter Enumerator"
    Also : Network adapters > Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller.
    WF? I'm guessing you mean WiFi? Neither of those are wireless adapters.

A 10 year old cable should not be a problem, unless it has been subject to wear and tear of some sort. More likely the switch is experiencing intermittent issues and should be replaced.

If the computer experiencing the issues is a desktop system, it most likely does not have a wireless networking card or hardware, so you would need to get an add-in card.

Post the make and model of the computer experiencing the issue.

If the switch is the problem, replacements are not expensive:
    https://www.newegg.com/tp-link-tl-sg...82E16833704179

the company tecnician assisting via phone told me to change the 10 mt cable, being 10 years old.
    It's possible that the metal contacts on the ten year old cable are dirty/corroded. You can try cleaning them with a cue tip and rubbing alcohol.. a cheap test before you spend any cash.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

You should seriously consider replacing your modem/router too. Anything 802.11g is really old. You'd need to check with your ISP about which modem/routers are compatible with their network.

1)In fact the last time I successfully moved around the cable-plug, I noticed the same thing you mentioned, that the contact was not optimal, therefore I wull try to clean with alcool. You mean any alcool, that I have home, or a high grade 100 proof?
    2)Regarding the switch, is 2 months old with a 3 y warranty, besides TV also is on it, and never give a problem, also when I changed all the ports, one by one.
    3) Adapter, no I don't have the card with antenna, that I will plug in a PC port, that will be Plug/play I guess.
    Now working fine, so I now suppose the culprit being the PC cableplug, or so looks like.
    Thanks everybody

PC SPECS:
    W8.1 NS: 00258-61743-32505-AAOEM
    LENOVO-PC2
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 core, 4 processori logici X64
    BIOS LENOVO IEKT26AUS, 22/07/2014 - SMBIOS 2.7
    (RAM) 4,00 GB
    Windows 8.1 Versione 6.3.9600 build 9600
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745
    Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller - Ethernet 802.3
    CHKDSK C: /spotfix
    NVIDIA - Display - 12/29/2016 12:00:00 AM - 21.21.13.7654 Data di installazione: 08:49 ‎11/‎07/‎2017

You mean any alcool, that I have home, or a high grade 100 proof?
    I've always used 70% home type alcohol although ideally it would be 100% except it's a lot harder to find, more expensive and tends to evaporate more quickly when left unused. I just give a double cleaning to make sure it's clean & make sure the surfaces are completely dry afterwards.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thread Information