PC Health app says my computer will not be supported

Thread: PC Health app says my computer will not be supported

PC Health app says my computer will not be supported

Microsoft has re-released its PC Health Check app and I ran the program on my computer. It mentions the system processor isn't supported.

After reading this PC Mag article here, it mentions PCs with CPUs that are generally older than four years will not be officially supported.

I was considering the upgrade to Windows 11 when it gets released but maybe I'll be looking at a new computer with Windows 11 in the future.

pchealthapp.jpg
    Eric

None of my computers will run Windows 11. I am waiting for the Intel Alder Lake CPUs and motherboards to be released before building a new system, since those will support more Windows 11 "security" functions. It should be possible to upgrade to a Raptor Lake CPU at a later date.

My cpu and lack TPM support won't allow Win 11 either.

Does anyone have a guess as to how long my Win 10 will continue to be OK?

Microsoft is ending support for Windows 10 on Oct 14, 2025. See the lifecycle for Windows 10 Home and Pro.
    Eric

Thanks Eric.

Upgrade CPU & motherboard for Desktop and Laptop.

I would like to upgrade my desktop and laptop to be able to handle Windows 11. Can you please send me a site where I can purchase these motherboards and CPUs. Is it possible to put a new motherboard into a laptop. Or will it be just better to just buy a new laptop which is Win 11 compatible.
    MCP, A+,Net+

You would need a new laptop if your current one is determined by Microsoft to not be able to run Windows 11.

Windows 10 will be supported into 2025, so you do not need to worry for now.

I would recommend waiting a few months until the next round of CPU updates are available. While you could purchase a motherboard, CPU, and memory now that will run Windows 11, Intel's Alder Lake (12 generation) CPUs will better support Windows 11 capabilities, and motherboards for these CPUs will have support for faster memory and other speed improvements. If you are thinking of using an AMD CPU, let us know and we will see what we can find out about upcoming AMD CPU releases.

Newegg has motherboards, CPUs, memory, and anything else you might need. Amazon also has these items.
    https://www.newegg.com/
    https://www.amazon.com/

In the event that the PC Wellbeing application says your PC won't be upheld, have a go at checking for refreshes, empowering TPM, checking for framework document defilement, or crippling outsider antivirus or security programming. On the off chance that none of these means work, contact Microsoft support for additional help.

PC Health Check provides a comprehensive eligibility check for your device to ensure it meets the Windows 11 minimum system requirements. You'll get info on why your device is or isn't eligible, plus info on what you can do if your device doesn't meet the requirements.

Thread Information