[RESOLVED] New Win 7 installation is failing to start

Thread: [RESOLVED] New Win 7 installation is failing to start

Resolved [RESOLVED] New Win 7 installation is failing to start

I can get into the OS by disabling driver signing on the way but it doesn't seem to stick for the next boot. Is there some way i can disable it permanently, or at least until I find out what the problem is?

Also, a new setup (BIOS?) has appeared since I put win 7 on it, it lists the disks and asks me to create a RAID drive but it doesn't show a boot sequence. The normal Z390E Bios doesn't seem to have a clue about the new disks I've been adding, they're not part of the drop down list and I have to choose the boot disk every time. How do I get out of that?

If Windows Repair can't fix the boot issue, what's the next thing to do, scannnow?

Thanks - rev

For the driver signing, possibly useful link:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...7itprohardware

For the boot disk issue, how many boot disks do you have installed on that motherboard? More than one? If only one, then which SATA connector do you have it connected to? There should be ONE connector that you can use for a boot disk that does not require RAID setup.

JD:

I got past the boot failure with this:

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

If I wait long enough, it boots but the situation with the disks is getting messy and you've gone past my knowledge level. Ideally, I'd like the OS on the M2, then have a Work, Data and Backup drive. The last three being conventional spinning disks. (Seagate Barracudas)

But when I was injecting 3.1 USB drivers into the installation USB, I couldn't find the driver for the M2, so I decided to forget about it and use spinning disks for everything.

Assuming I continue that way and forget about the M2, what's my objective?
    Am I supposed to create RAID drives out of three of them and NOT the boot drive?
    If I create a RAID drive, does it affect the data on the drive?
    Should I physically remove the M2?
    Right now, the BIOS doesn't see any spinning disks, how do I fix that?

One other question: I didn't have a driver for the onboard WiFi so I pulled a TP-Link card from my old machine then disabled the onboard one in the BIOS. But the new card is not behaving the same as the onboard card. I get to VirtualDr in a snappy, timely manner but it takes minutes before I can see a subscribed thread and more minutes to Reply to Thread. I know this should be a new thread but I'm having such trouble getting to threads, I wanted to stuff this in here.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Disregard the One other question (above). I solved it by using a network cable instead of wifi.

I'm still hoping for help with these:

Assuming I continue using all spinning disks and forget about the M2, what's my objective?
    Am I supposed to create RAID drives out of three of them and NOT the boot drive?
    If I create a RAID drive, does it affect the data on the drive?
    Should I physically remove the M2?
    Right now, the BIOS doesn't see any spinning disks, how do I fix that?

But what about 'If it boots, don't fix it?'

It goes through some gyrations but seems to boot reliably. I have Win 7 activated and fully updated with the Stack update (KB3020369) and the Convenience Rollup (SP2) (KB3125574).

I've missed you JD, I didn't know what to do. I took a chance and cloned the HDD installation to the SSD using Macrium Reflect 7. It worked perfectly! So I'm closing this thread and starting a new one.

Thread Information