[RESOLVED] Web page opens then closes and reopens again.

Thread: [RESOLVED] Web page opens then closes and reopens again.

Resolved [RESOLVED] Web page opens then closes and reopens again.

I use MS Edge to open a website. it open then closes immediately and then reopens to home page again, this time it stays open,
    MCP, A+,Net+

Can't say that I'm following you...

Once open, if you go to your bookmarks and select one - does Edge close?

And or, how-when and where are you selecting a website that closes?
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Exact details on how this occurs would be helpful.

I use MS Edge to open a website.
    How? Do you double click the Edge icon to open Edge? If yes, then what? Do you type in a url, or click on a bookmark, or enter search terms into a default search page?

Website opens and closes

When I click on a icon on my desktop to open a particular website, thet website opens briefly then closes and the home page opens. I close that home page and clck on the icon again, that webpage opens and stays open.
    MCP, A+,Net+

When you close the Home page, do you just close the tab, or do you close the entire browser window?

What web browser does the page open in the first time (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer, other (Brave, etc.))?

Although I'm still unsure about what you're doing to open pages and what happens after you try, things I would test out are temp disabling my antivirus and any other security software you use in case it's mistaking the links/sites or ads on them as malware.

You can also test the websites/links here to see if any are being seen as dangerous..

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/url

Then I would try creating a new icon/link on my desktop and see if that makes a difference. Then I would use my browser's favorites links instead of a desktop icon to see if that makes a difference.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    When you close the Home page, do you just close the tab, or do you close the entire browser window?
    I close the entire browser window.

What web browser does the page open in the first time (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer, other (Brave, etc.))?
    MS Edge
    MCP, A+,Net+

What happens if you click on the Start menu, and open Edge from there, and THEN double click on your Desktop icon that is causing this issue? Does Edge open from the Start menu (with whatever Home page it has set up), and stay open to that page? Does Edge close if you then double click on the Desktop icon in question?

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    What happens if you click on the Start menu, and open Edge from there, and THEN double click on your Desktop icon that is causing this issue? Does Edge open from the Start menu (with whatever Home page it has set up), and stay open to that page?

Yes ,it did open from the start menu and then double clicking on the desktop icon, it did open to that page and stayed open.

Does Edge close if you then double click on the Desktop icon in question?
    Yes it closed.

This is what happened when I tried it just now but will have to try it a few more times to see if it continue to work the same way. Will let you know
    MCP, A+,Net+

OK, that would be an Edge issue. See my reply to your error message thread. You may need to repair or re-install Edge.

I completely removed MS edge by renaming MSEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe folder to MSEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe.bak. Closed and reopened MS Edge. The problem has gone away. Will post again if it reoccurs.
    Thanks
    MCP, A+,Net+

Thanks for the update. Glad it is working again.

error, returned.

Unfortunately the Error occured again this morning. I downloaded and installed MBAM and ran a scan, it detected 70 problems, I quarentined and deleted them all. No problem since then. Will post again if it re occurs.
    MCP, A+,Net+

Thread Information