[RESOLVED] New PC with Windows 10 can't find my printers

Thread: [RESOLVED] New PC with Windows 10 can't find my printers

Resolved [RESOLVED] New PC with Windows 10 can't find my printers

I just bought a new PC to replace my eight (!) year old one that was showing it's age. I'm having a problem with Windows finding my printers.

My old PC was using a Dell C1760nw connected with USB. This new PC couldn't find it. I then configured the printer to hook wirelessly to my router. Now it shows up in PRINTERS. However, there is no option to set it as default. I dragged out an even older Canon MG2400 printer/scanner and connected it. Same thing. It shows up but no option to set as default.

When I go to print a document, the only printers that show up in PRINTER SETTINGS are MS One Note, MS Document Writer and MS Print to PDF.

Sounds like a MS conspiracy to me. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Terry
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU. 16GB DDR4-3200MHz RGB RAM. 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD. GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU. Windows 10. ViewSonic & Asus monitors.

Problem solved.

I nosed around with google and found a firmware update for the C1760 printer. I reset it to factory settings (wiping out the wireless connection) and applied the firmware. Went back to ADD A PRINTER and W10 found it this time.

*whew*
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU. 16GB DDR4-3200MHz RGB RAM. 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD. GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU. Windows 10. ViewSonic & Asus monitors.

Thanks for the update. Glad you got it working.

Thread Information