Transferring contacts

Thread: Transferring contacts

Transferring contacts

What ho one and all,

I am upgrading my wife's' phone from an old but solid, Nokia 6030 to a Moto smartphone. I want to transfer all her contacts but not sure how to do it as the Nokia has an old style large SIM that will not fit in the Smartphone slot.

Not able to connect the Nokia to a computer.

Is there a simple way of doing it rather than one by one re-entering?

Thanks and toodle pip

Can you connect the phone to your computer via a USB cable?
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

The 6030 does have a very small USB socket on its base, but we have both had these phone for so long, there is no chance that i even know where the cable is 'filed.'

The phone dates from around 2007 so I think any any Nokia support personal would likely not have been born yet and have believe that this model is from the Jurassic period.

May have found a work around. The contacts can be stored on both SIM and phone. As the modern SIM have a variety of 'frames' to fit different phones, should be able to use the large frame to fit into the 6030, enable the use of both SIM and phone, which would place the contacts onto the SIM and then insert into the new smartphone.

Will see when it arrives!!!

Only just activated the SIM and SWMBO does not want me to remove the Nokia SIM just yet to transfer. But I can install the new nano-SIM into the Standard SIM frame and inset that into the Nokia to save the contacts and hopefully, when inserted into the new phone, all will be fine.

Thread Information