Nokia Phone

Thread: Nokia Phone

Nokia Phone

What ho one and all,

I am a smartphone rookie having only had one for around 6 months, an old one from a friend as he upgraded, but all is fine. I would like to get a similar old(ish) phone for my wife and have been searching eBay.

A brand that comes along frequently at a good price is any of the Nokia Lumina models. They seem to get good reviews but as they are no longer in production, along with the OS and apps, it is always recommended to avoid them.

If the OS is working (W8 or 10), and she will not need more than the basic apps (phone, text, photos, calendar , timer, may be GPS, voice recorder, memo, all of which are available), is there any reason to avoid them?

Thanks and toodle pip

Windows ended development of their cell phone OS in 2017 because of very low and dwindling interest and declared end of life for it last year. I would avoid it.

The only other real non-Apple (iOS) choice is a smart phone using the Android OS. Lots of those around and some used ones are also inexpensive. My personal choice is Samsung but there are quite a few others that maybe some here will suggest.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thanks. I know that the Win os is no longer being developed. And I agree regards Samsung, which I what I have. But my wife is Japanese and it seems that on the whole, Japanese shun Samsung, considering it a somewhat corrupt organisation. But the Samsung prices are good!

Will keep looking and something will come along in due course.

Thread Information