A blank screen - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A blank screen

What is the make/model of your video card?

I've never heard of that fix before. Maybe there is more help in the video comments?

As for the second link, that's for laptop GPUs. I'm not sure how that helps your situation.

"What is the make/model of your video card?" It is a NVidia Quadro P2000. The more research I do, I think that many different manufacturers use the NVidia tech under their own name; to the best of my knowledge, although second hand, it is a NVidia card; there is no other name on it.

It is not that I need the 'whatever extras' come with a newer driver, I am hoping that a newer driver will solve the infrequent but unpredictable TDR events. But all driver install attempts give me an incompatible hardware message.

Guess I could copy the Hardware ID as is info into the inf file, save and try. It will either work or not, and if it goes AWOL, I can restore from an image.

That's not the make/model. NVidia Quadro P2000 is the chipset. Something is not adding up here. "second hand" makes me wonder if there is a problem with the card itself.

I have 2 Quadro K2200 video cards in one of my computers, and they worked just fine with Windows 7 and are working fine with Windows 10.

Thanks. As far as I can see, the card is fully working although i have not run any stress tests as I will never be doing high tech games or the like.

From running GP-Z, and hitting LookUp, this is what I get https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/quadro-2000.c900 Looks like the card I have. Theer are no other names on it that I can see.

But the occasional TDR and non-ability to up-grade the driver appear to be very common problems.

Have been studying the Hardware ID pages to add to the inf file. It is only one line so will add to the file in all the locations; if it does not work to upgrade, no big deal as things are more or less, currently OK. have an image so all is good.

I have yet to add the Hardware ID to the *.inf file and see if it will install, but I found this, which I do not understand.

My Hardware ID from Device Manager is:

Attachment 15554

But on an Nvidia driver site with all the correct specs selected, the hardware id for a Quadro P2000 are as follows:

Attachment 15557

Nowhere is my ID mentioned. Grateful for any clarify.

Thanks and toodle pip

If you are just adding that text to the .inf file, that should not hurt anything, and may allow your driver to install. I have done something similar to an .inf file to get hardware recognized, and it worked. That was on a Bluetooth adapter, but the idea is the same.

Note: As always, you should make an image backup first, just in case of any unforeseen issues. There should not be any, but you never know.

Thanks, I will of course, ensure that I have a back-up.

It will do it when my wife has nothing more for me to do in the garden; you know who rules?

Thread Information