[RESOLVED] Cannot Update

Thread: [RESOLVED] Cannot Update

Resolved [RESOLVED] Cannot Update

I tried using the troubleshooter for Updating with no results. This is what I get.

Windows Update Error encountered You device is missing important security and quality fixes. We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work make sure you are connected to the internet. If I retry I get the same message.
    I tried Settings-update security-troubleshoot-additional trouble shoot-under getup and running select windows update-run troubleshooter. It just takes me back to windows Update Error encountered.

I tried taking a screen shot but it said it was to large and I don't know how to make it smaller.

Thanks

What application did you use to take the screen capture? Was it the Snipping Tool or something else? How large is the saved screen capture file? There are ways to make it smaller.

Also, see this link for more ideas:
    https://discussions.virtualdr.com/sh...rtant+security

You can get that error if your version of Windows 10 is out of support. See post #6 in the link I posted above to find out what version of Windows 10 you have.

Thanks for the reply!

version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.631)

I pushed the windows key and Print Scrn key. It shows up in Photos. So I'm not sure what that is called.

So I can try the first link you gave me to update this?

To change your Windows Explorer settings to show file extensions, use the information in the link below.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/show-...ons-in-windows

Use the Snipping Tool to make a screen capture. Then you can save it where you want, as a .jpg file, which should be small enough to upload here.

https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10...indows-10.html

The 20H2 version of Windows 10 is still supported, so you should be able to get updates working.

Try this link first. (Ignore any ads to download driver updates):

https://thegeekpage.com/fix-your-dev...in-windows-10/

Report back results.

Hopefully this is an attachment.

This is the last post I have on my computer. I know I have more because I received them on my Android phone from Gmail. I tried using a different computer to access Virtual Dr. and got the same thing. No new posts. I contacted Tech Support and sent an email to Steve Jones and tried to explain what I found. So I will try to do a better job.

When I go to "Virtual Dr." site and then go to "Windows 10" and then select the post "Cannot Update". Those words show up in red letters. A message shows up unless I move the mouse off of the red letters "Cannot Update" the message disappears. The message says "You device is missing important security and quality fixes. We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work..." If there is more to the message because of the "..." I don't know how to access it. There should be more posts. I am certainly not blaming you. I don't know how to respond to Steve Jones email.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What web browser are you using to access the VirtualDr web site on your computer where this issue is occurring?

Have you tried a different web browser?

When I go to "Virtual Dr." site and then go to "Windows 10" and then select the post "Cannot Update". Those words show up in red letters. A message shows up unless I move the mouse off of the red letters "Cannot Update" the message disappears. The message says "You device is missing important security and quality fixes. We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work..." If there is more to the message because of the "..." I don't know how to access it. There should be more posts.
    I have no idea what any of this means. Are you saying that you cannot see any posts after the Post #5 image that you posted? That would have been correct until you posted your Post #6.

"those words"? What words? Do you mean the "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes. We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work..." words, or something else? Try to get a screen capture of exactly what you are seeing that has the message you are getting or that shows the problem.

I am using Opera. I downloaded Firefox and downloaded the site Virtual Dr. I now have all the posts both on Firefox and Opera. This Starts with "Title/Thread Starter". When I put my mouse on the title of the post "Cannot Update" The words turn red. The message says "You device is missing important security and quality fixes. We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work...". I wasn't getting all the posts before. That is why I inquired about why I wasn't getting all the posts even after trying later. I can't get a screen shot of that message because when I move my mouse off the word "Cannot Update" the message goes away.

The post link turning red when you move the mouse pointer over it is normal. Getting a popup message when you do that is NOT normal. Can you still click on the link and get it to display?

I have a feeling you're making a big deal out of nothing...

Is this what you are seeing? If so - it's 100% normal
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

I apologize if I was making a big deal out of nothing. All I know is that I wasn't getting all the responses.

Thank you!

Maybe we'll never know... It's had to tell from your post if you were clicking on/drilling down on the "red" text to get inside the thread to see all the posts.

Thread Information