SIGN IN SCREEN DILEMMA ??

Thread: SIGN IN SCREEN DILEMMA ??

SIGN IN SCREEN DILEMMA ??

I have two PC's that will boot directly to the desktop. My wife has a PC that does the same.
    All were setup by me a number of years ago.
    But I this one PC which is my primary one & using now will not boot directly to the desktop
    no matter what I do. I've finally was able to remove the lock screen but cannot boot directly to the desktop. I tried adding then removing the password & also unchecked the box in netplwiz. On the first boot after the change, it did boot as wanted. But now, when the PC goes to sleep & I awaken it, I get a solid blue screen with a log-in box. I have to tick the box before I can get to my desktop. This PC is the newest of all but still several years old. Why can't I get it to do like the others? What am I forgetting to do? Any suggestions? Thanks.........
    Where there's a will, there's a way

Type Power & sleep settings in the search bar. Click on Additional power settings On the right side of the screen, click on Require a password on wake up Under password protection on wake up, select the button that says required a password (recommended)
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Thanks Steve for the reply. I followed your instructions but do not have this [Require a password on wake up Under password protection on wake up, select the button that says required a password (recommended
    All I have under "additional power settings" is this: "Choose or customize a power plan" THen "Preferred Plans" Then Balanced (recommended), "Power Saver"
    and "High performance" That is all that is listed under "Additional Power Settings...........

I think I got it to work like I want. Haven't the foggiest idea what I did but it started to boot ok. However, jdc, I'll hang on to those web sites you provided in case I need them in the future. Thanks much to you and Steve..........

You may actually want to COPY the information from them into a Word document, in case the web sites go to the great bit bucket in the sky and are unavailable the next time you need the information.

Thread Information