Why is My Website Not responding?

Thread: Why is My Website Not responding?

Why is My Website Not responding?

Win 10 Home Pro 64, 24 Gigs Ram, GForce 710 Vidcard, Gigabyte Socket 1156 mobo.

Some ten years ago I set up my own website using Google Blogger. I bought a custom domain name and I put together the site using the simple tools at hand.

For the last week my site has been down. I didn't know it until someone told me. It is at www.artrosch.com. If/when I get it to load it takes many minutes. None of the links on the site load, either.
    I've contacted Google for help but they haven't been useful. I've diagnosed my network. Everything works except for my site, and that does NOT work on any browser! I'm baffled. I need this site to be up and functioning. I've been groping for a couple of hours now and haven't found any security setting or otherwise that should have this effect. Help!

Artrosch.com Status

Is artrosch.com down right now?

It's not just you! artrosch.com is down.

https://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Who is Hosting the site?

Sparklight was down in the U.S. yesterday, so if they were hosting it that would explain it.

artrosch.com is down. I can bring it up on some browsers but the site is not secure. I'm looking through my security settings to see what can be done about it, but I confess I'm still pretty lost. I haven't found a solution besides "reduce your side panels". I'm about to do that. Still blundering around. Google support has been ...meh!

If you are not using https on your site, that is likely the cause of the "site is not secure" message.

I will try to access from home and post results.

The site does load (slowly) on my home computer. It is NOT https, so that is where the "site is not secure" message is coming from.

That site (www.artrosch.com) is toast. AFAIK there's been loss of data, hacking, bad management, or all the above. I'm migrating to wordpress and setting up a decent website for a creative old fella like me. What a disaster the Blogger experience has become!

I want to say that for nearly twenty years virtualdr.com has been my go-to for computer etc questions and has never failed me. I haven't even needed a plan B. For hardware issues I might go to Anandtech but even that, seldom. I am grateful for your help since the early 21st century!

Even with WordPress, a web site is not a set it up and forget it operation these days. WordPress occasionally has vulnerabilities found, and WordPress add-ons do as well, so you have to keep everything patched and up-to-date or hackers will get access to your site and use it for all sorts of nefarious purposes. WordPress is easy to use and very popular, which also makes it a high value target for hackers, so updating is necessary. You cannot depend on your web hosting company to do this for you, even if they claim they will.

I bought a Wix custom domain but setting it up has now become arduous for my ancient mind. I couldn't even change the font size on the front page. It looks easy in the video but alas, the video doesn't represent what I get on my page. I'm not sure I'm going to keep the Wix. I would much rather recover my Google/Blogger site. Google has closed my case but I"ve just asked them to re open it. I am frustrated!

I've dropped the whole idea. Traffic to my sites has been virtually non existent. I'm a writer/photographer/musician/etc and I have a following of maybe twelve. Do I really need a website at 73? My facebook pages are adequate. Saved myself some money, too.

Thread Information