Sharp TV
Model LC-32LB591U

This TV continues to lose Internet connection. It is a Roku based TV.

My room mate who owns this TV says that he constantly loses the Internet (we believe this is the case) because the picture freezes and you see the swirl trying to re=establish a connection. Of course the time between each loss is different but it does get annoying. This happens on all Roku channels.

I have even hooked up a WiFi extender and that does not seem to help. When you check the connection to the internet/SSID in "settings" it shows all is well and the signal strength is "excellent". We only have two walls (basic sheet rock) between the router and the TV (his room). Eagle flight is about 20 feet.

To solve this issue I suggested a hardwire connection to the router. Believe it or not this Smart TV does not have an ethernet port - really?!

So I figured the next best option (I believe - if I am wrong please let me know) is a female HDVI to female ethernet adapter. There are 3 HDMI ports and one USB on this TV. I would think the HDMI connection would be better than a USB to ethernet. I did a search on Amazon but don't quite know which adapter he should purchase.

Example: Tripp Lite HDMI Over Cat5 / Cat6 Extender, Receiver for Video and Audio 1920x1200 1080p at 60Hz(B126-1P0),Black Link--> https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Ex...s%2C208&sr=8-3

I don't know if this is the correct one as most adapters listed have "extender" in the title. I don't know what that means or if I should get one that does not show "extender".

Can someone please give me a bit of info on this and maybe give me a link on Amazon or another site (if Amazon does not have the proper one) to the proper one to purchase. I am lost on this.

I just can't believe there is no ethernet port on this TV.

Also I assume that the adapter and cable can be either Cat5 or Cat6 - Just wondering.

Thank for your help.