VCRuntime140_1.dll missing and Firefox does not reinstall

Thread: VCRuntime140_1.dll missing and Firefox does not reinstall

VCRuntime140_1.dll missing and Firefox does not reinstall

Using Windows 10 on Dell laptop, using Edge. I had a video downloaded which an error message told me the video would not play. I tried Firefox with my AdRemover deactivated and the video played. Then Firefox, which I usually do not use, indicated it needed to be updated since it had not been used recently. I accepted that and began the update. At this point the message came up that VCRuntime140_1.dll was not located and refreshing could solve this issue. OK with me and I downloaded the Firefox Re-installer, as suggested. This ran and when I clicked on the shortcut to Firefox, the message came up that Firefox was already running. But it had been uninstalled! So I went to Settings to uninstall ,again, Firefox. Then in the reinstall I got the same missing dll file message. What is going on here? I like having Firefox though I usually do not use it. What can do to get rid of Firefox, totally, and then get a clean install, finding that VCRuntime140_1.dll file? Thanks for our help.

VCRuntime140_1.dll is not related to Firefox. It's part of Visual C++. You can try uninstalling/reinstalling that.

You can try using Geek Uninstaller to uninstall Firefox.
    https://geekuninstaller.com/

What AdRemover are you using? If it's the one mentioned in this link, you should uninstall it and run Malwarebytes.
    https://botcrawl.com/ad-remover-extension/

If you want an adblocking extension, I recommend uBlock Origin.

I finally found how to get support from Mozilla and the solution was to install three runtime programs, don't remember just which, and this restored the missing file. I am running Malwarebytes but have AdRemover running. Maybe I don't need that one. Many thanks for your assistance.

I'm guessing they had you install the Visual C++ runtimes, since there are several different versions. Again, this is NOT part of Firefox.

AdRemover is not a legit ad-blocker. It's not an anti-malware app either.

Ad Remover by adremover.org is a misleading and deceptive internet browser extension compatible with Google Chrome and other web browsers. The Ad Remover extension claims to block online ads and trackers. Although the extension can be used to do this, it will not block all advertisements on the websites you visit and it will display misleading information in order to persuade you to purcahse the extension for $9.99 USD per month or $39.99 annually. The Ad Remover extension is initially offered as a free 7 day trial.

Thread Information