Deleting Optional driver updates

Thread: Deleting Optional driver updates

Deleting Optional driver updates

I was only testing someone's printer the other day on my laptop to see if it will print. Now Windows update wants to put more of these HP drivers onto my laptop even though I'll don't have the printer. So I can see in Update history that it put the printer on with 8 different HP drivers and images on. So now every time I do a Windows update it wants to load a couple of optional HP Usb drivers.

I have searched on how to uninstall all of these 8 drivers and want to stop the Optional drivers to tell me I need more.

Anyone have this problem? Any way of unstalling the HP drivers and tell Updates not to show more for this computer.

I don't have this printer. It was only a test.

Thanks
    Note: My questions may be to help others
    Thanks, JB

Ok, I figured it out and this is what I did:

So I removed them from the legacy Control Panel but I also did this:

To uninstall the old drivers, select “Device Manager” from the list of options.
    Go to “view” and select the option “show hidden devices” to reveal all the hidden and old drivers. I looked under Printers, USB Controllers, Software devices, Portable devices, Other Devices, and under Imaging Devices. The printer in question was under all of these categories and I uninstalled all of them where I found them.

I uninstalled them all.
    Note: My questions may be to help others
    Thanks, JB

thanks for this! i have been struggling with this same problem since last year. you're a life saver!

Thread Information