Question about TpM and windows.

Thread: Question about TpM and windows.

Question about TpM and windows.

In the process of looking at win11 compatibility I was trying to get my computer to pass the compatibility check. I found that my AMD Ryzen7 1700 CPU had fTPM and enabled it. Windows 10 sees it and for now all is good. Of course it still failed the compatibility checker because the Ryzen 7 1700 isn't on the list of compatible AMD processors now or yet what ever the case ends up being.

I decided to go order a newer Ryzen7 CPU that is compatible with my Mainboard and is on the list.
    Do I need to make any changes or disable fTPM before I swap out the CPU so windows 10 won't get angry with me?
    Last edited by mparks2`; July 2nd, 2021 at 05:29 PM.

If TPM is enabled now and you are not using Windows 10 to encrypt the hard drive, there should be no issues with just swapping the CPU.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    If TPM is enabled now and you are not using Windows 10 to encrypt the hard drive, there should be no issues with just swapping the CPU.
    I am not using hard drive encryption. Thanks that is exactly what I was thinking would be the case. Thanks for confirming.

Thread Information