[RESOLVED] Defraggler

Thread: [RESOLVED] Defraggler

Resolved [RESOLVED] Defraggler

What ho one and all,

For years, with XP, I used Defraggler to do what it says on the box.

I have installed a newer version for W7 and following analysing C, then click Optimise, I receive a message that defragging will 'zero fill the drive.'

Google tells me this is something to do with SSD drives. But I don't have any SSD drives, so what does this message imply? Why does the program not detect that I only had HDDs?
    Last edited by Rekusu; June 16th, 2021 at 03:35 PM.

The optimize option is mean to "trim" SSDs. It's not for HDs. Basically you would use optimize instead of defrag for SSDs. After analyzing the drive, you should click "Defrag".

I don't even see an optimize option with the portable version of Defraggler.

Interesting. I guess I never had that issue previously because the version I was using with XP was pre-SSD days.

I have the installed version, and the bottom left has Analyse and next to it, Optimise. But If I recall correctly, that is the same position for Defrag on my XP version.

Will look into getting the Portable version.

Don't see a Portable version, but this is the message I get.

Attachment 15515

Clicking the arrow gives me a few options, but the all suggest that C is an SSD (which it is not!)
    Last edited by Rekusu; June 17th, 2021 at 02:49 AM.

I just installed Defraggler on a test Win7 box, and there is no Optimize. What version are you using? I installed 2.22.995

The only buttons I see are:
    Analyze Defrag Pause Stop

You have just second guessed me. The version I installed and also a portable app version, were both 2.22.995 and neither gave me a defrag option, just the zero-fill option.

So I installed 2.0 from Old Versions and that is not giving me the SSD message, just a plain vanilla defrag (Analyze Defrag Pause Stop) . As long as it works, I am happy.

Thread Information