Lenovo Ideapad 110 suddenly extremely slow - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lenovo Ideapad 110 suddenly extremely slow

I will try again tomorrow, but it cannot run the USB install from Safe Mode, and in regular mode it wasn't opening the initial screen from clicking SETUP from the USB stick. Perhaps is there a way to run the USB from boot mode or even in Linux (via the USB that worked).

I'll try to click again tomorrow though.
    Thank you to the gracious members of Virtual Dr for helping me for free since 2003.

Just an update after giving this thing a ton of time and some painfully slow restarts it did finally run the USB program, it's on Installing Windows 10 now at 12%. Been running all day yesterday and last night!
    Thank you to the gracious members of Virtual Dr for helping me for free since 2003.

Are you running a Repair Install or a clean install?

Repair install as you seemed to suggest. At 23% now...

OK, that is why it is slow then. With luck, it will be faster when completed. Otherwise, it might be clean install time, which is more of a pain.

Still at 23%, hopeful for the morning.

Well, it's still at 23% so I think it's stuck... should we try a total re-install? There isn't anything on the computer that's terribly valuable as it it.

I would say there is not much else you can do at this point. You could boot it up and save any files you might want to keep first. You might also want to make sure that you have your Windows (and Office or any other software) activation keys also. With luck, you won't need them, but you never know.

Ok, so is the best method to just start this son of a gun over? Preferably something that can be done via bootup so it might not be as slow?

The idea is that the fresh reinstall itself would solve the problem.. not doing any work on the system (like bootup) after it's up and running again.

The reinstall is generally considered a last resort because other attempts at fixing it did not help. All things considered this is what I would do at this point.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Alright so the last time the computer was running is when it was stuck on the 23% update. When it was stuck I simply had to power down by holding the power. After booting up it tried to "undo updates" and since then it simply does not start windows. So, at this point what's your advise?

At this point, I think you have already invested enough time in trying to salvage the existing Windows installation. A clean install would be the way to go at this point.

Yes for sure. But how do I go about this? When I boot the computer up it does not seem to try to load the windows cd nor the USB program we created. (I was only able to access that when lready in windows.) Thank you again.

Go into the BIOS and set the boot sequence so it sees the CD or the USB drive before the hard drive.

Each BIOS can be a little different but it will be something like this:

https://www.lifewire.com/change-the-...n-bios-2624528

You may need to keep the USB drive plugged in while doing this so the BIOS can see it.

More on that machine's BIOS and how to enter it (it's a bit unusual):

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-...B/td-p/4168291

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thread Information