Lenovo Ideapad 110 suddenly extremely slow
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lenovo Ideapad 110 suddenly extremely slow

Question Lenovo Ideapad 110 suddenly extremely slow

Yesterday the laptop was seemingly fine, but today after rebooting it is unusable. The weird thing is, I didn't see a windows update and I didn't/don't use the laptop for virtually anything. I'm not even sure I used the internet on it yesterday.

I tried to start in safe mode using f8 but that didn't work. Right now, just trying to get the file explorer clicked and open took probably 20 minutes.

(I can see there is plenty of free space at 779GB free, and 113GB used.)

Not sure where to start!

The one thing I did do differently last night is that I loaded and recorded a brief videogame using OBS recording software. It's something I have done without problems however in the past.
    Last edited by webmaster111; June 1st, 2021 at 04:08 PM.
    Thank you to the gracious members of Virtual Dr for helping me for free since 2003.

Is the hard drive activity light on continuously?

If you can get Task Manager to run, it may show what is causing the issue.

Also, if it is overheating (fan failure or vents blocked), that could be a potential cause.

It took a long time to get to task manager, and I'm not sure it's updated entirely but it shows 98% CPU but all the lines are 0%. The Memory is at 49% and they do have varying MB entries.
    Thank you to the gracious members of Virtual Dr for helping me for free since 2003.

98% CPU is your problem. If you click on the CPU header, it should sort by the process or program using the most CPU time. That would be your culprit.

I just came back to the computer and it is now 100% disk and 54% cpu.

100% disk and 54% CPU is not good either. Can you determine which processes are using the disk and CPU?

The disk tab cycles a lot but it looks like it is:
    Antimalware service executable
    service host diagnostic policy...
    windows search index
    firefox ( I tried to load this but it's not even popped up)
    System
    Registry

What antivirus and/or antimalware software do you have installed?

Windows Search Index can be turned off.

You might try booting into Safe Mode to see if you still have the same issue.

I finally got into safe mode, and it's still slowly booting up.

Antivirus I suppose is whatever comes with windows. I don't really use this laptop so I never figured I needed something intense.

Attachment 15496

So here is the resource monitor, but even though it looks good to me the computer even in safe mode is extraordinarily slow. Absolutely unusable as it's taken me many minutes to do absolutely anything even a click.

Click on the Processes tab to see what process(es) are using the most CPU/Disk.

w1.jpgw2.jpgw3.jpg

Thank you for helping. So this is in safe mode, and while the numbers are all 0% the computer is unusably slow.

The ^ indicator shows that it is sorted from lowest to highest. Click on the CPU heading to sort it the other way. That should show the processes with the most CPU usage.

I see crashreporter running. That is not good either. You should also be able to get Task Manager to show the Disk column. Those stats might also be helpful.

https://superuser.com/questions/1444...anager/1444223

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-d570beefbe2e

You could also check Event Viewer for errors.

If you can get it to install and run, it might be time for a Malwarebytes scan also.

The 3 photos actually show all the processes, and they literally are all 0 or under 1% right now. I'll get the other stuff looked at next.

If those images showed ALL of the processes and there were none using high amounts of CPU time, that would tend to indicate potential malware that is hiding from Task Manager.

Did you check the BIOS or use SpeedFan or similar software to see what the CPU and other temperatures are showing?

Thread Information