What is happening (again) / BSOD

Thread: What is happening (again) / BSOD

What is happening (again) / BSOD

What ho one and all,

Installed a trial photo noise reduction software into Photoshop CS6 and it comes up within the Filters menu. Not so happy with it as my current program give an easier to use result.

Before installing, I made a Restore Point.

Removed with Revo Uninstall and restored from the Restore Point. On re-booting I get this screen!

Attachment 15492

The title of the thread says it all! No amount of re-booting or entering Safe Mode gets rid of it.

Therefore, taking the hammer approach, restored from an image made two days ago.

Since that image is working well, why would a restore cause this to happen?

Thanks and toodle pip

That error is an Inaccessible Boot Device error. It may or may not have anything to do with your uninstall.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...a-bd7733c830ac

Thanks for the link; it may be useful. I did finally find the same error but have no idea what it menas or why it should appear. Certainly not the Photoshop noise reduction software because ..........

Having restored the image prior to my original thread and all working well again, I powered off last night. This morning, when booting, the same BSOD appeared.

Tried the repair option, although I may have not followed the guide on your link. Installed the original W7 disk, selected Repair but when hitting Enter, just trapped in a Repair / enter loop.

Pulled the hammer out again and restored with Acronis. But this is what does not make any sense. When the image restore is completed, an on-screen message (top left corner) states System Restarting.... Five minutes later, no evidence of any restart. Power down with the power button, restart and all good to go again.

But if powering down last night and booting this morning caused another BSOD, why would powering down following an image restore, not cause a similar BSOD? But it does not.

Next time it happens, will try your link repair.

Should also say that Safe Mode produced the same BSOD

The error indicates a hard drive failure error. If the hard drive works part of the time, and fails part of the time, or if it is a hard drive controller (motherboard) error, that would explain the issue.

Is there a way to find out which hdd? I would assume it is the OS hdd/partition, but that does seem unlikely as it is virtually new. This is a screen shot of the hdd with the os partition.

Attachment 15493

As you can see from the hours, virtually new. But I have no idea what all the other numbers tell me. All I know is that the idiot guide to all hdds health is Good!

Thread Information