[RESOLVED] Upgrading a CPU - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Upgrading a CPU

The download should be available if you purchased a SanDisk/Western Digital SSD.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Chatting with SanDisk gave me this: https://www.reddit.com/r/acronis/com...mage_software/
    They also asked for my computer maker and model. It is a GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3

They told me to do an image. I have no idea.

If I go and open True Image 2021 it tells me to click on tools-clone disk. I get a screen that says "You have a trial mode" and then I am lost.

Thanks for the links!

I found out that the backup part works or should I say is working. I left the computer on for a couple of hours and got some movement in the progress bar. It is sloooow! So far 45G in 30 hours.

That is way slooower than it should be. Let us know what happen when it finishes.

Are you sure your SOURCE disk doesn't have errors? Did you run diags on the Seagate?

I did check the Seagate for errors. None were found. As of 9:45 a.m. PDT it says 5 hours and 7 minutes to go and has done 116 G. I will let you know when it finishes.

thanks for putting up with me

This is the screen I get nowAttachment 15503

I hope there is an attachment

You uploaded the backup to the Acronis Cloud, not a local disk. That's why it took so long.

I thought you were trying to copy the data from the hard drive to the SSD? You could have either cloned the drive, or make a backup image to an external HD and restore the backup image to the SSD.

So all I have is a backup to the cloud in Acronis? I tried cloning the disk earlier by selecting the choice in Acronis and it said I needed to purchase it to do that. I don't have an external hard drive so I couldn't have made a backup image to an external hard drive. I don't know how to do that anyway. Or to restore it to the new SSD. So I don't know what to do.

Where did you download Acronis from? The free version from Seagate or Western Digital should allow you to clone the drive.

https://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/d...ampaign=7mr0yi

56634: Acronis True Image: how to clone a disk
    https://kb.acronis.com/content/56634

I highly recommend you get an external HD for both system image and data backups.

Thanks for the reply's! Those are the three links I used. The free version which allowed me to subscribe to the cloud. I probably missed a step some place or something like that as it is very confusing. I will look into getting an external hard drive and proceeding from there.

If you choose to "clone" the HD to the SSD, then you'd only use the HD and SSD.

If you choose to make a backup "image" of the HD and restore it to the SSD, then you'd need an external HD plus a flash drive to use as bootable media. This would be the method you'd use to make regular backups of your computer.

You'd still want the external HD to backup your data files. Remember that a backup is a COPY of your files, not the sole location. If your data is only in one place, that's not a backup.

Thread Information