[RESOLVED] Upgrading a CPU - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: [RESOLVED] Upgrading a CPU

Did you just delete the previous version of Acronis or did you use the uninstall selection to uninstall it?

I used the windows uninstall programs where it says "Uninstall or change a program"

There is probably a registry key that it left behind that is causing the issue.

I think it would be a good idea to ask about this at the Acronis forums. They would have much more specific info about how to fix failed or corrupted TI installs... especially if it involves searching and editing the registry for remnants of a previous version.

https://forum.acronis.com/forum/acro...age-2021-forum

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

If you already reinstalled TrueImage, you can try uninstalling it with GeekUninstaller to remove registry entries.

https://geekuninstaller.com/download

I know you all like to solve problems. But you are dealing with a klutzy person. So I got easeUS. Even with that I had to get support to install it for me for cloning. There just comes a time when it isn't worth taking up your time when get lost. So this is what I have now. Loading went from 5 minutes to 50 seconds or so! I don't understand why it doesn't say 512 GH for the hard drive. Thank you all very much!
    Attached Images Attached Images

If the original C: partition was 297GB, then it looks like you cloned it to the new drive at the same size. You would have had to choose an option to expand the partition to the full 500GB if that's what you wanted.

I think you meant 512GB, not GH. As jdc2000's link says, it's basically 1KB=1024 bytes, not 1000. If you carry the math forward, that explains the "loss" of space.

Thank you for the link! Yes "GB" not "GH". So it does show unallocated the remainder of the 512 GB. I am going to leave for now as I am making to many mistakes. But what a difference an SSD makes.

Thanks again

Thread Information