Turn my DSLR into a Webcam

Thread: Turn my DSLR into a Webcam

Turn my DSLR into a Webcam

Win 10 Home Pro 64, 24 Gigs Ram, GForce 710 Vidcard, Gigabyte Socket 1156 mobo.

I'm disgusted with the quality of ordinary webcams. I have a Canon 70D and a Rode microphone is connected to it. I can USB the rig into my computer but so far I've failed to turn that into a webcam that communicates with platforms like Zoom and Doxy.me (medical site). I need a reference or something useful. Thanks!

"DroidCam turns your phone/tablet into a webcam for your PC. Use it with chat programs like Zoom, MS Teams, and Skype."
    https://www.dev47apps.com/

I've used it a couple of times and really liked it. Few months back, finding a mid range webcam was impossible since so many people started working from home.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

So far I've been striking out. The procedures and gear needed to achieve this are daunting. The apps are made for phones and my phone is a $100 model (I am not a phone person) that I haven't tried yet but am about to connect. This is crazy and it should be simple. I'm still tracking your links, however and the info is coming into focus. (pun intended)

Thread Information