MiniTool Shadow Copy

Thread: MiniTool Shadow Copy

MiniTool Shadow Copy

What ho one and all,

Have been using Paragon Partition Manager for a few months, but something trivial happened to the partitions and one became unallocated. Paragon do not have the tool to allocate, so have tried MiniTool Partition Wizard.

The exe file also installed MiniTool Shadow Copy. I am having a problem understanding what this does exactly. I can see that it will back-up files (so does SyncBack) but it seems that it will also create an OS image? Is that correct? Is it a better than Acronis True Image or just a different way of doing the same thing?

Thanks and toodle pip

Post a link to where you got the download for MiniTool Partition Wizard installer so we can be sure that we are looking at the same thing you have.

Shadow Copy is a feature of Windows. Shadowmaker is the Minitool backup program, but I've never used it.

https://www.minitool.com/backup-tips...ws-10-017.html

Thanks. It installed as a separate program so I have been able to uninstall it.

But I guess my confusion is to do with terminology. I can see that it is a back-up program, but will it make a basic image of any partition which presumably, can be easily restored?

I am 'sorta' happy with Acronis True Image so no reason to duplicate the image software.

According to Minitool, you can make backups of partitions. I don't know of anyone that uses Shadowmaker. If you are familiar with Acronis TI, then stick with that.

https://www.minitool.com/help-sm/overview.html
    MiniTool ShadowMaker is an all-in-one data protection and disaster recovery solution for PCs. It can back up your Windows Operating System, important files/folders, selected partitions, and even the whole disk. With a copy of backup, you are able to restore data once a disaster occurs, like system crash, hard drive failure, and more.

Thread Information