[RESOLVED] Phone - this folder is empty

Thread: [RESOLVED] Phone - this folder is empty

Resolved [RESOLVED] Phone - this folder is empty

My phone is still there as a device (P5046A) but clicking on it results in 'this folder is empty.' Everything was fine until a Win 10 Update, which also disconnected my sound drivers and disabled my microphone. I got them back by reinstalling but how do I get the phone back?

Thanks - rev

I assume that this is happening for the files on your phone, when it is connected to your PC. If that is the case, can you still see the files from the phone when the phone is NOT connected to your PC? If yes, then try connecting the phone to a different computer, or to a different USB port on the computer where you are getting the message. Report back results.

Yes, can't see any files. The files are all present and correct on the phone and a different USB port made no difference. As soon as I attach the phone, the import utility says, 'something went wrong' so no driver maybe?

It is a definite possibility that Windows "updated" your driver. You could try a System Restore to a date when everything was working as it should.

I did that, it worked but disabled chrome. Reinstalled chrome and all is well again, no installations were affected.

I thought that was the end of it and went to turn of updates, I've had enough of fixing my machine every time they come in.

But Updates is now completely blank with the four dots moving across the top as if it's trying to do something but can't.

How do I get updates back so I can turn them off?

Thanks - rev

Thread Information