Win 10 Sleep/Shut Down issues

Thread: Win 10 Sleep/Shut Down issues

Win 10 Sleep/Shut Down issues

I've had this computer for ten years. Parts of it are a lot newer.
    Win 10 Home Pro 64, 24 Gigs Ram, GForce 710 Vidcard, Gigabyte Socket 1156 mobo
    2 Dell monitors

Today's quirk:: When I want to put my computer to sleep, I select Sleep from the Startup bar but it shuts the computer down instead. This started happening a few days ago.
    Annoying. I've done some CCleaner hygiene, checked my Power settings, but I can't figure this one out.

Thanks Always!

Fix: Windows 10 Shuts Down Instead of Sleep
    https://appuals.com/fix-windows-10-s....%20See%20More.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

I'm still not getting Sleep on automatic, set to go to sleep after 25 minutes. I've run this and that. It's irritating and wasteful. I need help.

What about using hibernate instead of sleep as a workaround for now?

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

HIbernate doesn't work either. Hmmm.

Have you tried a System Restore to a date when Sleep was working?

In spite of my best intentions I find my restore points disappeared except the latest one. Not my usual practice.

I've continued to search for the causes of my machine's refusal to sleep. I'm stumped. When a computer has little problems like this it often means that bigger problems are down the road. I'm concerned. I've watched many instructional vids but nothing applies. When I run command prompt I get "legacy kernel caller". That's all she wrote. I've referred to the pages you've linked, and still haven't found the solution.
    I HATE to reformat. That may be the answer but first I have to be sure I have all my backup programs and apps ready. Thanks everyone!

Actually, Sleep has never worked reliably since Microsoft first introduced the capability. With Windows 10, it is even more problematic, since Windows 10 is perpetual beta software. Personally, I never use Sleep. If I want to save power, I will shut down the computer and switch off the PSU. I am satisfied if I can get my monitors to shut of the display after a preset time period. My desktop computers normally run 24/7/365.

You've spared me some anxiety, Jdc2000. As the computer is working well, I'm going to drop the issue, let it run when it runs, turn it off when I want and forget about the 'cure'. Thanks for your help.

Thread Information