Since searching for a solution to another problem (https://discussions.virtualdr.com/sh...efault-program), I am now being plagued by this message which is most strange as have a legit version of W7 and it was installed around 4 months ago without any warning messages.

Attachment 15480

Close it an it goes away so don't know what is going on here? Interestingly, Computer/Properties/Activate Now says that W7 is activated. May be my W7 is not as legit as I was lead to believe.

What is going on, unless MS does not like the fact that I am not upgrading to W10?

Update: Thought this may have come via one of the monitor calibration software that I have been trying or alternatively, FreeFileConverter (to convert docx so that Office 2003 will open)

I restored from an image taken around 2 weeks ago, when this was not present and I had not installed DisplayCAL or the file converter. Reinstalled the DisCAL and FFC and annoyingly, the same message appears. Run Malwarebytes and although it found a couple of things, did not find this.

So I assume it is genuine, but when I go to the Activation page, I am told that W7 is already activated. Not sure now what to do?

Could restore from the image and only reinstall one of the two new programs to see if that is the culprit. Have followed the message links and have to admit they do appear to be genuine MS links.

It is annoying but goes away when cancelled and does not appear to affect the computer operation whatsoever. What I don't understand, if my copy is no legit, and since I entered the number during W7 install, surely an illegal copy would not install?