Monitor/computer not going to sleep.

Thread: Monitor/computer not going to sleep.

Monitor/computer not going to sleep.

I have moved to a new computer which has Windows 10 Home, after being used to Windows 7. Not liking Win10 much, but I suspect it is 99% a case of me being a grumpy old goat who does not accept change well. Win10 is probably an excellent product.

Mostly have been able to stumble around and get things set up, but while I have set monitor and computer to sleep after 10 minutes, it is not happening. Neither goes to sleep at all. Pointers and suggestions gratefully accepted.

What programs or applications do you have open and running? Does it still not sleep when you have all programs closed?

I normally have all programs closed.

I should add it's an AMD Ryzen 5 3400G and the monitor is connected via VGA.

Okay, thanks. I'll work my way through them, and will let you know.

So far I've tried eight different things contained in those links, and none have solved the issue.
    For the nonce I am just letting the computer run and turning the monitor off whenever I leave for any significant period of time.

What version of Windows 10 do you have installed (1909, 2004, 20H2, or earlier)?

I assume that this is not a laptop, and that you have the drivers for the video adapter installed.

Version 2004.
    Yes, HP Desptop, video adapter is AMD Radeon on the motherboard.

You may have to wait for a Windows "update" to fix this.

Okay, interesting. When I setup the computer it said there were updates pending, and I clicked on the prompt which indicated to go ahead and install all of them. It rebooted, after a bit and said my system was updated. I just did the "Check for updates" and it says there aren't any.

I have waded through all of the suggestions in the links you provided, and nothing has changed, so I will just maintain my present "let the computer run and turn off the monitor" routine.

I'm not going to mark the thread resolved, because it's not, but I'm not really persuing it very actively because it doesn't seem like there's much left to do. Thanks for your input.

Thread Information