Ocassioinal freezing

Thread: Ocassioinal freezing

Ocassioinal freezing

What ho one and all,

To date with my W7 install, certainly on an old(ish) computer but with a Quad core Q6600 processor and 8 gb of RAM, I am not overly impressed.

One minor issue that occurs all too frequently, when using the internet, the cursor just freezes for around 20 seconds. It is like a mini-crash but without the BSOD. Then it all works again.

Whilst not a mission critical deal-breaker, annoyingly, I never had this happen with XP and 3 gb of RAM!!!!

What is happening and how can I prevent it happening?

Thanks and toodle pip

Does the freezing happen on every web page? What if you just go to Google's search page and leave the browser there - does it still freeze periodically? Have you tried a different web browser?

Thanks for the response. No, it does not happen on every web page / site. It happens infrequently, and due to that, I have not checked if it is always on the some page.

It never happened in XP with Firefox, and is only manifesting itself in W7 with FF78. Pre-FF78, I was using Edge and I don't think it happened, but I was also only learning my way around Edge to the point that I gave up because I did not like it so much.

It is not exactly a mission critical issue, just very annoying. May be upgrading to the next FF esr version would cure it.

Thread Information