[RESOLVED] Video saving

Thread: [RESOLVED] Video saving

Resolved [RESOLVED] Video saving

What ho one and all,

When I was using XP and Firefox 40 (something) I had the Video Download Helper installed and could virtually save any web based video clip.

Now with W7, FF78 and Video Download Helper installed, I receive a message saying that i need to install something else. I have done so, and it worked for that clip, but this morning, I again received the message.

Couple of questions: how do I make VDH work as it used to without installing another something? If VDH is not working as a FF Add-on, what is the point of installing it? Is there another add-on that will just work, no bells and whistles, just click save and that it what it does?

Toodle pip and thanks

Rex

I installed that addon into FF a couple of weeks ago and had the same issue. It seems that there is at least one additional addon that needs to be installed alongside it for it to work with as many downloads/sites as possible.

It's the same situation with another d/l helper I've used called Ant video downloader... specifically for youtube, Facebook and other popular social media sites/videos which they don't like being downloaded to private user's computers. Those videos sometimes also need to be converted from the format in which they are downloaded into a file that can be played by a user's computer.. usually mp4... that's another thing those additional addons do.

Also Video Download Helper has WAY more settings than Ant does and I have yet to figure them all out. At this point I'm not changing any of them because it looks very easy to break it. Also worth noting is that newer browsers need newer and more complex methods/addons to perform tasks like downloading videos so that's part of the many reasons it's now more difficult.

BTW I don't recommend using Ant video downloader because it contains adware. Not dangerous but annoying and it took me some time to get rid of it and keep Ant working properly.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Think I have solved it. My previous version of VDH just did what it was meant to do. But the newer versions, probably because FF has upgraded everything, now requires me to click the Use Browser button and then it downloads.

Seems that easier has become more complex.

Thread Information