Win 10 update stalled at 20%

Thread: Win 10 update stalled at 20%

Win 10 update stalled at 20%

Today I was updating my laptop for Win 10 Update Ver 20H2 and it locked up at 20%. I waited over 2 hours for it to proceed and finally turned the laptop off. In restarting the message came up that errors in the disk were being repaired, etc., and finally it booted up. I had a full Acronis backup to use to restore the disk. This is the first time this has happened in using Update. Is there anything I need to do before trying again to update? I update each month so its not like 6 months updates were being downloaded. The updates now indicate they are pending download. Thanks for your suggestions.

The 20H2 update took 18.5 hours to install on 2 of my systems. Most of that was due to a slow internet connection, but the actual installation process after the download still took 2.5 to 3 hours. It is a huge update that you will be beta testing for Microsoft. After it installs, there are still 2 more rounds of updates to the update to go. I would suggest just letting it grind, overnight if necessary, to see if it will eventually install.

Thanks very much for your reply. Anything wrong with just leaving the update where it is -- not install it --for a while? DL test showed 46.1Mbps and 51.6 Mbps on two different tests, but this is one that I would be happy to let it mellow for a while.

I did set the update to begin at 10PM and it did complete sometime during the night. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thread Information