[RESOLVED] Pin folder to taskbar

Thread: [RESOLVED] Pin folder to taskbar

Resolved [RESOLVED] Pin folder to taskbar

What ho one and all,

In my XP os, I have C: as the os partition and D: as MyDocs. I have a shortcut to D: on the desktop and on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen.

With W7, I have not yet given the partitions the correct drive letters, so they are os designated, but that should not affect anything. At the moment, although the Mydoc partition on W7 is immediationly after the os, the system is giving it J:

I can make a desktop shortcut to J: and clicking it, take me there. But if I drag that shortcut to the taskbar, clicking it takes me to C:/Users/Rex/Documents.

I have tried a number of Google searched suggestions, but whatever I do, the taskbar still take me to C:/Users/Rex/Documents.

So how do I get a taskbar shortcut directly to J:

As an aside, I will be re-aligning the partition letters and MyDocs will be D:

Thanks and toodle pip

It sounds like you are trying to create a Quick Launch bar. Pinning is not the same thing. If you right-click on the pinned Windows Explorer, you should see the J: drive listed. If you just click on it, you'll get your Documents folder.

For a Quick Launch bar, try this:
    https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...e-disable.html

Note for Windows paths, it's backslash \, not forward slash/
    C:\Users\Rex\Documents

I never got into 7, but doesn't it operate much like it's successors? If you drag a folder to the taskbar it doesn't "pin to taskbar" as that folder. It pins to windows "file explorer" and creates essentially a subcontext menu with all the folders you pinned to it (plus recent and frequently used ones).

Right click the link in your taskbar, and I'll wager your J drive is listed.

Quote Originally Posted by dashwood95 View Post
    I never got into 7, but doesn't it operate much like it's successors? If you drag a folder to the taskbar it doesn't "pin to taskbar" as that folder. It pins to windows "file explorer" and creates essentially a subcontext menu with all the folders you pinned to it (plus recent and frequently used ones).

Right click the link in your taskbar, and I'll wager your J drive is listed.
    Correct. It creates a shortcut to Windows Explorer, not directly to the J drive. You'd have to do a right-click first.

To create a direct link to J, putting a link in the Quick Launch bar works.

It is so long ago that i set up my XP os, that I don't recall how I did it. But Yes, dragging a file shortcut to the taskbar does pin it, but not folders.

Have to create a Quick Launch bar and the link can be put into that. So things are more or less OK now, but don't really like the things I cannot do with the taskbar, that I could under XP. Don't see it as an improvement, but what do I know?

You can ADD a new TOOLBAR to a specific folder.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Thanks; got a shortcut to My Docs folder on the Taskbar.

Thread Information