CDA size

Thread: CDA size

CDA size

What ho one and all,

During our UK 'lockdown' we have been 'bopping along to the old American Graffiti soundtrack but the tape is worn and not good listening.

I have the original as 39 x mp3 files but when I drag into WMP to create a cda disk, the total is too large and I need two disks.

I have reduced the AG folder size from 223mb to around 109mb with Freemake Video Converter, but again when I drag them all into WMP, it still advises two disks.

Is there a way to get all 39 tracks onto one cd?

Thanks and toodle pip

I use CDburnerXP.. a free and simple burning program. You should be able to burn the CD with the original 223 Meg size to maintain higher quality audio as well... assuming the CD you're using is blank of course.

https://cdburnerxp.se/en/home

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

'Should' is the operative word. I have reduced the 223mb size, but everything I have tried still needs two cds.

So I gave t a try with half the tracks using CDBurnerXP and it returned a burn error and now I have another coaster!

I have rarely had success with burning cda files that actually work.

Have a look here:

Burn the CD as a data disc, not as an audio disc..

https://www.howtogeek.com/322676/why...o%20the%20disc.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

39 songs is a lot. The original CD release was on 2 discs.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/41_Ori...rican_Graffiti

Thanks for the links; now I understand.

So I either create two CD's or as I have rarely had any luck creating a cda disk, just listen to the mp3 files from the computer in another room and boost the volume.

Or many dvds and blu-ray players can play mp3s...

Or put the files on a usb stick and plug it into your smart tv, or maybe it has a sdcard slot..

Or put the files on your phone, connect to your wifi, make sure the tv is also connected, play the files and use the apps options to send to the tv..

Or buy a bluetooth speaker that also has a sdcard slot or even a dab radio that also has a card slot.
    Last edited by General Winters; February 16th, 2021 at 06:08 PM.

Good ideas but that assumes I have more knowledge of technology than I actually do have.

The TV is in a different room and I have never figured out how smart it actually is. I only want to watch TV.

My phone is around six years old and again, I have yet to figure out how to copy files to it. Essentially, I want it as a phone, not the answer to all my 'on the go' entertainment problems!

As for Bluetooth or DAB, we do have the later but it has no card slots, just a plain vanilla DAB radio (that incidentally, only seems to get a good reception in a few places in the house; it picks up a lot of interference.) So I am not enamoured with the improved quality of Bluetooth. Could be because the house is a bit of a Faraday Cage as a result of its construction!

So will have to make sure the cassettes tape keep working.

Thread Information