ResMon

Thread: ResMon

ResMon

What ho one and all,

Every time I boot to W7 or revive from hibernation, there is considerable HDD activity. I don't know what is updating and many time,s I don't want programs to update without my input.

Found the ResMon can show me what is happening, but this screen shot is what I get.

As an aside, I have to admit to not being blown way with W7; thought it would be better, more stable and (may be) noticeably faster than XP but I am not finding that to be the case. Quad core Q6600, 2.4Ghz with 8 gb RAM. Programs load slower, the screen appearance does not seem as sharp and clear. But what do I know?

And with W7 / Edge, I cannot even upload photos to VirtualDR. Nothing happens!!!

Every time I boot to W7 or revive from hibernation, there is considerable HDD activity.
    That is normal. Hibernation stores whatever is active in RAM to disk, so it has to restore it when you wake up the computer. That's what the hiberfil.sys file is for.

Pretty sure any "screen appearance" issues would be due to video drivers.

I can't speak about Edge, since I've never used that as a main browser. It was never native to Win7 either.

Thread Information