OE6 on W7

Thread: OE6 on W7

OE6 on W7

What ho one and all,

I know, OE6 is not part of W7. I have been trying to find an email program that does what it says on the box, without any bells and whistles as I don't need them.

In XP, OE6 ticked the box but it is not available with W7. However, after a lot of searching, I found a freebie that has installed and pretty much, does what I want. It even has the XP Address Book and I have managed to import my wab files.

However, today I found a small and annoying glitch. I have a number of groups in Address Book and want to send a mail to everyone in the group. Create mail but when I select CC or BCC, the only listing is Main Identity Contacts, the groups are not listed.

I'm sure that no-one on this forum will have an answer but perhaps someone does know how to get the groups listed in Create Mail. As said above, they are there when clicking the Address Book icon.

Having post, I have now checked Outlook as part of Office 2003. In Contact, I have a number of groups, but in Mail, both CC and BCC show the entire Contact list but not the groups.

Thanks and toodle pip

Rex
    Last edited by Rekusu; February 18th, 2021 at 12:16 PM.

Maybe post a link to the "freebie" that you found and are using so we can check into it.

Thanks for the offer but easier said than done. I have been searching for an e-mail program that I am happy with, and found and save this one. Now of course, I have no idea were i found it.

But reading further, there is a 'cracked' OE6 version called RunAsXP but reading the various threads, I did not like what I saw and in any case, it would not install without the reg number, which I was not going to buy without trying. Also found another version that did run but I hit a whammy with it only spell checking the first word unless again I paid. But I did not get so far as to check the Address Book.

This version seems to do everything, but not open different groups in CC or BCC. I may try copying wab.dll and wab32res.dll as this may cure the issue but I don't feel 100% positive.

Want to upload a screenshot but W7 / Edge will not upload.

Want to upload a screenshot but W7 / Edge will not upload.
    So don't use Edge, use IE11 or Firefox or Chrome.

Have been a long time FF user with XP but not able to install the latest version onto XP. So took your advice and have done so with W7, and although some of the add-ons are no longer available, it is better than Edge so will learn to like it.

However, I had a mini-breakthrough with the CC / BCC groups in Address Book. Guess it is something to do with how it is exprted from OE6 in XP and imported into this version, but my groups are there, just listed under Main Identity Contact as the group name.

This is the OE6 / XP and OE6 / W7 versions:

Attachment 15457

And this is what I found in the list:

Attachment 15458

At least I can send to all with one click. And as you can see, I can upload images with Firefox!!

As usualy, thanks and toodle pip

I thought your groups might be hiding in that drop down list.

https://discussions.virtualdr.com/sh...06#post1563506

Thread Information