[RESOLVED] Windows Media Player

Thread: [RESOLVED] Windows Media Player

Resolved [RESOLVED] Windows Media Player

I'm not sure where to post this or if it's even solvable ...

A while ago I had trouble with a Windows 10 update. It seemed that a previous update was currupted. After having a number of updates backed up, I decided to bite the bullet and just reinstall Windows 10 completely. Everything worked well. All the updates applied with no problem. It wasn't until I tried at a later date to run Windows Media Player that I discovered problems.

There are two problems:

1) WMP cannot see the files in my MUSIC folder. When I RESTORE MEDIA LIBRARY or RESTORE DELETED LIBRARY FILES but nothing happens.

2) WMP cannot rip CDs. When I try, WMP does create the appropriate folders but then exits.

I googled and found this HOW TO SOLVE 'WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER MEDIA LIBRARY IS CORRUPTED' error (https://thegeekpage.com/how-to-solve...orrupted-error). I figures, what the hell. I tried both fixes. Nothing changes.

I assume that WMP itself is somehow corrupted and needs to be completely uninstalled and re-installed. I just can't figure out how to do that.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Terry
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU. 16GB DDR4-3200MHz RGB RAM. 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD. GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU. Windows 10. ViewSonic & Asus monitors.

thanks, jdc

looks like i have some homework to do
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU. 16GB DDR4-3200MHz RGB RAM. 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD. GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU. Windows 10. ViewSonic & Asus monitors.

homework done.

none of those fixes worked. unfortunately.

of all the alternatives, foobar2000 proved to be the best for me. i used it flawlessly to rip new music.

i've been using groove music as my player since WMP failed to find my MUSIC folder.

thanks again, jdc.

Thread Information