Trying to Delete Backup Files from External HDD & Getting SYSTEM Error

Thread: Trying to Delete Backup Files from External HDD & Getting SYSTEM Error

Trying to Delete Backup Files from External HDD & Getting SYSTEM Error

My PC is running Windows 10 and is fully updated. I have two External hard drives:

G is a 2 TB Seagate FreeAgent and
    I is a 1 TB, also Seagate

I am attempting to delete some old backup files from G and when I right-click on the Empty folder named "04b5c2d3da8addd80e8ac1b00a" (created May 2015) and then click Delete I am first asked if I want to move the folder to the Recycle bin, to which I click Yes. It then says Folder Access Denied and asks me to provide Administrator permission, to which I click Continue. Then another Folder Access Denied message comes up telling me that I require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this folder.

When I right-click the folder and go to Properties > Security > Group or user names "Everyone" is highlighted and ALL Permissions for Everyone are ticked Allow. If I click either SYSTEM or Administrators, then Permissions and Full Control, Apply there is a new Error Applying Security message: Failed to enumerate objects in the container. Access is denied. Remember, this is an empty folder.

What am I missing? Thank you in advance!
    “If Ernest Hemingway was going to go big-game hunting in Africa, Hunter S. Thompson wanted to use a submachine gun to hunt wild boar in Big Sur, Calif. He was dangerous, like handling nitroglycerin, and he liked to keep it that way.”

Douglas Brinkley, executor of the Thompson estate

If you can't delete it in Windows, you could try booting to a live Linux disc, like UBCD5.
    https://discussions.virtualdr.com/sh...oot-CD-5-Guide

Post #6 is about copying files, but you could just as easily delete files.

Thread Information