Fonts

Thread: Fonts

Fonts

Yes, it's me again,

Why are there so many foreign language fonts that cannot be removed or deleted? It is not possible the Korean is a system language font.

I have been searching and see I am not the only one who wants to remove them. I know; they don't take up much space, but when scrolling fonts in Word, there are hundreds I don't need and will never use.

Is there some secret way to eliminate with extreme prejudice?

Thanks and toodle pip

Did you that when looking at the list of FONTS, you can for example type the letter N and you'll be transported in time right to where the N fonts begin.

I too typically only use English language fonts but I do LOTS of reading news, blogs and social media sites from around the world and do a lot of surfing to research all sorts of interesting things and occasionally use basic photoshop type programs to create amusing, usually politically oriented memes. If I did not have all those foreign fonts installed then any time I clicked a link to a foreign language website then all I'd see are tiny squares instead of letters. Lots and lots of tiny squares. I'd rather have the actual words/letters.

I also occasionally use foreign words or phrases in my memes. Wouldn't be able to do that if I were to delete those fonts.

And I sometimes get responses in discussion groups from people who speak foreign languages. If I was not able to see the fonts of the language in which they're responding in order to paste them into a whatever>english translation site then that too would be very annoying.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Likewise, I do quite a lot of web surfing, but I don't think my XP os has so many weird fonts installed and I have not knowingly ever encountered an issue.

I will work my way through them; I have found that it is possible with some, to change the security setting to take full control and then delete. But others will not allow that so guess I have no choice. Perhaps I will hide them so hopefully they do not get listed in Word.

Thread Information