[RESOLVED] Many Attempts Before Pc Will Boot Up

Thread: [RESOLVED] Many Attempts Before Pc Will Boot Up

Resolved [RESOLVED] Many Attempts Before Pc Will Boot Up

Recently my PC (which is running Windows 10) has started switching itself off after a short time of not being used (ie, an hour or so). Or perhaps I should say that the PC seems to be still running but the screen is just blank.

All I can do is switch it off, but then when I switch it back on again the screen just stays blank. I'm having to keep switching it off with the power button and then back on again. After several attempts it will boot up but it seems to be totally random.

Adjust or Disable the "Power Saving" function found within settings.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Adjust or Disable the "Power Saving" function found within settings.
    Thanks.

Under Settings>Power & sleep there's a sub-heading "Performance and Energy" and underneath this there's a sliding scale between "Best energy savings" and "Best performance". At the moment the indicator is set about halfway along the scale. So, are you saying I should just increase this to "Best performance"?

I'd only use power saver on a laptop when it's on battery mode.

Ok, I'll give that a try.

I tried that ... set the indicator to "Best performance" and it does seem to have worked. I've restarted the Pc three times without a problem. So, thanks for that.

The other problem was that it kept switching itself off, so hopefully it will have solved that as well, I'll have to see how it goes. Thanks.

Thanks to everyone who replied. Unfortunately, all solutions suggested, in the end didn't work. Finally I had to take my PC to the guy I usually go to. It turned out that the problem wasn't with my PC, but with my monitor. I've now got another monitor and everything's working fine. Thanks again.

Thanks for the update. At least you were finally able to locate the cause and get it resolved.

Thread Information