In Gmail how to delete a defective email address

Thread: In Gmail how to delete a defective email address

In Gmail how to delete a defective email address

I entered an email address incorrectly as name@yahoo.om and the person's name is John Doe. I got the internet reply that it was not found and I corrected it. The full correct address is Doe@yahoo.com and the full name is John Doe. When I begin to enter this address as John Doe auto-fill brings up Doe@yahoo.om. If I go to Contacts and search for this it does not find a match. Not in "Other Addresses" or anywhere. If I begin to enter the name using only "Doe" the auto fill-in gives me Doe@yahoo.com, which is in my Contact list. Nowhere can I find the doe@yahoo.om to delete it. How do I get rid of the yahoo.om address? I hope I have described this well enough. Thanks for your assistance.

Which web browser are you using? It is probably stored in the browser's autocomplete list, and that is where you should look for it to remove it.

That was it. I use Edge and cleared out the saved passwords, etc. I use a password app for my user names and passwords and never have used the browsers for this so I did not think about it. Many thanks.

Thread Information