Annoying mouse behaviour

Thread: Annoying mouse behaviour

Annoying mouse behaviour

Happy New Year one and all,

I am currently installing W7 and all the software that I like to use but have an annoying mouse behaviour that I cannot resolve (yet!)

Have two mice, MS Trackball Optical and a Wacom Graphire 4 tablet. The Trackball is fine but even though I have installed older drivers for the Wacom, it still defaults to the latest version. In itself, not an issue, but there is an annoying feature that seems to be on by default and I cannot find how to get rid of it.

Any press of the pen on the tablet, any left or right button click and an annoying circle flashes up to highlight the mouse position. It does not happen with the XP software, so can only assume that it is a 'newer' and 'necessary' feature.

I have some older software versions that support W7, but although the file is ***4.exe, when installed the version seems to be 5 or higher.

Any advice will be gratefully taken on board.

Toodle pip

You could try installing/running an older version in compatibility mode. Also uncheck any auto update option in the program's software if there is one.

http://pearsonsupport.helpserve.com/...e-in-windows-7

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Is it safe to say you've looked through SETTINGS-> MOUSE-> Pointer Options?
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Thanks for your responses. yes, I have been looking at all possibilities regarding Options and am surprised that there does not seem to be any regarding this behaviour. Sound on click; click lock; shadow; tail when dragging; they are all there (I don't use any) but nothing for this.

I will uninstall, dig out the file that came with the table and try compatibility mode. To date, had forgotten about this and have not needed to use it. Will post an update.

While on the topic of annoying behaviour, another is the highlight box that appears around the desktop icon; don't ike it but cannot find how to get rid of it. Desktop/properties/Windows Colour/More setting does change the colour of the highlight, but it also changes the desktop colour. Is there a reg hack that losses this highlight?

Thanks

Is there a reg hack that losses this highlight?
    I have no idea and I suspect something that granular within it's inner workings would best be asked directly here in their own forums.

http://forum.wacom.eu/index.php

Finally, I have managed to disable the click animation. Changed some items in gpedit.msc / user confg / admin templates / win components / tablet PC / cursor. Set Turn off pen feedback to enable.

And again in computer confg /admin templeates /win components / tablet pc / cursor.

Also in Control Panel, Pen and touch / pen options/ hold na dpress / settings. Uncheck 'enable press and hold....'

And again, in Pen and and Touch, unchecked flicks.

And finally, Control Panel / Programs / Turn win Features on-Off and unchecked Tablet PC Components.

And in Computer Management / Service and Applications. Tablet PC Input Service and changed start type to disabled.

What is not helping is that in XP, the Wacom version is 4.90. I cannot find that file on my computer so have downloaded others for W7. But of all the versions for W7, even thought the download version number is low, the installed software is always 5.something. Seems that from Wacom, older versions are not available even though the download implies it is.

But now when I have reinstalled the tablet, nothing works!! So will have to have a look at the above switches, probably the latter two.

How did it ever get so complex?
    Last edited by Rekusu; January 6th, 2021 at 04:34 PM.

Here are two reliable and safe sites that store old versions of computer programs. I have not looked to see if yours is there.

https://www.oldapps.com

http://www.oldversion.com

Thread Information