[RESOLVED] Lost Outlook password -- how to reste

Thread: [RESOLVED] Lost Outlook password -- how to reste

Resolved [RESOLVED] Lost Outlook password -- how to reste

A son-in-law has a hotmail.com acct and account and a Skype account. He forgot his Skype email and in trying to reset it, following the "send a code to "phone number" or another email account to get a code, when he enters the code -- I have entered the code myself and it is entered exactly as received -- it says the code is incorrect and try again. Do enter it again and a message comes back that we have tried too many times and must wait until tomorrow. https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2016113 is the last link we tried and it gave us the same answer. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help

One thing that has worked for me under similar circumstances is do not copy/paste the code... type it manually instead.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Are you having the code sent to the phone number on the account?

Also, I've see "Message 8845556" and inside of the message is a code number... It's easy to think that the 8845556 is the code.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Thanks for your suggestions. I had trouble early on using the message number rather than the code number in the message. It would read Code ????? in the message and I did not see that. No, we used the proper code. I do not use Outlook or Skype so I don't know how these are intertwined in the password world. The trouble started when he tried to get into Skype and could not remember the password and tried to reset it. I have strongly pleaded for a password app, but to no avail, But when one is trying to get the problem solved is no time to even hint that "I told you to get an app". So the code went to the profile number and was entered manually. I hope someone has a third step he might take. He can not get his email because the program is closed until he can get a reset. He does have a Gmail address, but closing an email account in use since Hotmail was begun is difficult to accept. But many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Again thanks for responding to my request. My son-in-law has a friend who is in IT and contacted him for help. They got the issue resolved and my son-in-law said it was not easy. It would be good if I could give whatever actions had to be done to solve this, but he just said it was not easy. This is resolved. Again, thanks for suggestions.

Thanks for the update.

Not Easy = needs password management system, or at least a pencil and a Post-It!

Thanks for the update.

Not Easy = needs password management system, or at least a pencil and a Post-It!

Thread Information