TWITTER problem

Thread: TWITTER problem

TWITTER problem

hey all,

not sure if anyone can help me with this but here goes ...

i have a number of images that i use on TWITTER. the're on google drive so i can access them from home or work.

when i used the 'insert image' in twitter, my google drive opens, i open the appropriate folder and (normally) search for the image. images pop up. i select one. click OPEN. images loads into my tweet. easy peasy.

starting about a month or so ago, any one of these steps would freeze. particularly, searching for an image or the image not loading into my tweet. i'd say it happens about 20% of the time.

this was happening on chrome which i have at both places and sync them.

i tried firefox. same problem. brave. ditto. hell, i even tried EDGE. ditto. i'm about to try TOR BROWSER but i assume the results would be the same.

it can't be ALL these browsers having the same problem.

and before you ask, i tried using images on my home PC rather than google drive and the problem occurs there also.

i can find no TWITTER help sites so i thought i'd try here.

COULD it be WINDOWS 10?

thanks in advance,

terry

PS: feel free to move this to a more appropriate place. IF there is a place for it.
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU. 16GB DDR4-3200MHz RGB RAM. 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD. GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU. Windows 10. ViewSonic & Asus monitors.

Does the same thing happen with images stored on your computer's hard drive? If yes, then it is likely a Twitter issue.

Possibly useful link:

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/issu...ter-77106.html

Hi JDC,

Thanks for getting back to me. At this point, I'm only using images from my hard drive.

That link states " A simple way of checking whether this is the case is to try the same operation with an alternative browser. If your default browser is at fault, then clearing out the cache and cookies ..."

It happens on Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Brave. I'm currently using Brave as my default so I just deleted it's browsing history & data, cookies, browsing history & data, and cached images & files. I also set Brave to delete all those on exit. I'll let you know how this works.
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU. 16GB DDR4-3200MHz RGB RAM. 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD. GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU. Windows 10. ViewSonic & Asus monitors.

There are also size limits on images used for various purposes, as well as format limitations. If none of those apply, then, it is likely just a Twitter issue, unless your internet connection is exceptionally slow.

No, my connection is not slow. I have a 1 Gig connection. What is weird is that while it can freeze when I search the folder containing the images, sometimes if I just scroll down and find it, it works like a charm.

As I said in my OP, most of the time I can do this with no problem whatsoever. It's one of those random occurring problems that drive us all crazy lol.

Thread Information