[RESOLVED] New OE6 behaviour

Thread: [RESOLVED] New OE6 behaviour

Hybrid View

Resolved [RESOLVED] New OE6 behaviour

What ho one and all,

My wife has just fired up OE6 on her XP based computer. We use POP3 rather than web based mail. She selected the relevant mail which displayed, then Reply. Usually, this opens as a new full screen with the cursor ready to input the message.

There was a 'flash' as something was happening and the Reply appeared on the task bar but did not open in full screen. It took some time before I saw there was a blue 'title' bar in the lower right (above the task bar) of the screen and clicking this brought up the full screen as normal.

But I am unable to find out why Reply has changed its behaviour and how to get it back again? Of course, it may be that she hit something before last closing and OE has 'remembered' that.

Grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks

Reboot the pc and see if it does the same thing.

If t happens again you need to fix out what the FLASH is. (Look in task manager)

Thanks for your suggestion. Did reboot but still happening. Made it full screen, and closed both the Reply window and OE6 and rebooted, but still persists.

Will have allok at Flash, may be it needs and upgrade.

Stupid question but I though Flash was something to do with internet / video stuff. What is is doing within OE6?

There was a 'flash' as something was happening
    He was referring to this flash, not Adobe Flash which is now obsolete and no longer needed in most computers but that's a completely different issue.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Think I have resolved the problem.

Attachment 15442

The problem was that somehow, SWMBO had managed to get the Create or Reply window down in the right corner. The blue bar was actually an open mail, ready to be written. I dragged it back to the middle of the screen and closed OE; then opened it again, everything was as it should.

Thanks for the advice and compliments of the season to one and all.

Toodle pip

Thread Information