Missing folder when transferring from old SATA HDD to new M.2 SSD

Thread: Missing folder when transferring from old SATA HDD to new M.2 SSD

Missing folder when transferring from old SATA HDD to new M.2 SSD

I just upgraded my PC with many new parts, including two (2) 1TB M.2 SSDs.

This concerns a missing folder on a SATA drive from my previous system. That SATA drive is now connected to my revised PC, in order to copy things over to an M.2 SSD.

In the first screenshot below, you can see I had folders for all family members. There is supposed to be one for ME, labeled "1 - DAVIDs STUFF." As you can see, there is a folder "0 (zero) - General Docs", and a folder "2 - JANINEs STUFF."

My folder is supposed to be visible between the "0" and "2" folders. Next, please look at the 2nd screen shot.

You are seeing the results of a file search for " *.doc" .... it brought up Word files for ALL users, and at the top is an example of a file of MINE that the system found. It plainly shows it exists in a folder properly labeled
    "1 - DAVIDs STUFF." The folder is obviously there, but for some unknown reason, it is not showing in Windows Explorer.

I did nothing previously to hide any files or folders, so I have no idea why this folder is not showing when the SATA drive is connected to my updated system. Folders for everyone else obviously are displayed. Why is only mine missing?? Thanks in advance ...

You forgot to add the screenshots.

Google-> Take Ownership to see if you can get the files back.

Option #2 - copy them again and copy them to a new folder that isn't under Documents or My Documents.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Sorry, here's screenshots 1 and 2VirtualDr_scrsht_1.pngVirtualDr_scrsht_2.png:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-t...click%20OK.%20

Do the search on the files again and then try the link above.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Steve is correct. If you have a new installation of Windows, even if you made users with the same names, Windows still thinks they are different and has assigned them a different internal ID. If you Take Ownership of the folders, you should be able to transfer the files.

Thread Information