Security Alert

Thread: Security Alert

Security Alert

What ho one and all,

i have been intending to ask this for some years, and being slow off the mark, only now getting around to it.

I'm still on XP Pro and OE 6 in POP3 mode. Frequently, too many e-mails display the Security Alert message; clicking No generally clears the message. But some, I have to click No many, many, many, many more times that once.

While the message is annoying, is it an OS issue that I have to click No (or Yes) more than once?

Thanks and toodle pip

Who or what is generating the Security Alert? It doesn't like any Microsoft software that I remember.... Look for settings.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

What antivirus or antimalware software, if any, are you using on XP? What software are you using to view the emails?

Post a screen capture of the error message.

If it's coming in your gmail account it's possible that they're noticing gmail emails being sent or received from different IP addresses (work/home/friend's/etc place), browsers, cell phones or email clients. I get them all the time when I switch something up from my regular email program routine. And always when I forget to turn off my browser's VPN extension before I access the acc't there. That shows a new IP address and raises alarms at gmail. Also happens if your ISP rotates IP addresses of your home connection.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thanks for the replies.

This is the security message with I believe is OE6 generated; don't think this is from gmail.

Attachment 15439

I had a look at the Securities tab and there are hundreds, many with expired dates. I have no idea what all these 'certificates' are or do, but is there an efficient way to cull all the expired certificates rather than one by one?

Just like the message says - the SITE has issues. Have you tried both YES and NO options?

Thanks. I have always been under the impression that certificates are something like tracing cookies (or whatever) and I don't really need them, so generally have hit No.

Google has assisted in my seeing that they are necessary, so I have hit Yes and the warning have generally disappeared for the particular e-mail source. However, there is one that when hitting Yes, the cursor jumps to No, every time. So I click No around 15 times and finally, I can move on until the next mail from the source!

Also am working my way through the certificates to remove any expired ones. Many have weird looking names and titles.

Thread Information