Google Earth - Streetview

Thread: Google Earth - Streetview

Google Earth - Streetview

What ho one and all,

Am still using XP Pro and everything is hunky dory apart frrm YouTube videos.

So I am not sure if my issue is XP related. Google Earth fires up and does what it says on the box, but as of a few weeks ago, I no longer have StreetView. In the past, roads had yellow lines, and blue to indicate a StreetView image. But now, no blue lines, no StreetView.

On the other hand, if I enter an address (post code) into Google, and click on the map. I do have access to Google Maps street photos.

Is there some setting within Google Eart tha I cannot find or is the system down?

Toodle pip and thanks

Rex

What happened when you scroll down to what should be street view?

When I do it I see a "exit street view" button in the upper right.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

I no longer have the blue road lines that indicate StreetView, only yellow. But if I drag the StreetView icon to the selected location, which I know there is SV because I have been there before, all I get is that kinda computer created 'flat' view (usually only get that when there is no SV imagery available) and the Exit SV button in the top right.

I'd guess a lock of horse power in the video card department or bad video card drivers. Course XP could be the bad guy.

If you use a browser and google an address - can you get streetview that way?

"If you use a browser and google an address - can you get streetview that way? "

Yes.

I don't have nay knowledge of what a video card or its drivers actually does, but surely if it was going bad, then all kinds of other video areas would not work? As far as I can make out, everything works fine with the exception of YouTube vids and any video related material on the BBC (no longer supported by XP.)

Thread Information