HELP!! An Error Has Occured ??

Thread: HELP!! An Error Has Occured ??

HELP!! An Error Has Occured ??

This message keeps popping up on my PC & I cannot seem to get rid of it.
    It shows up in a window that has a black background & say: An Error Has Ocurred
    Download check was not successful. HTTP status code 404. Then it has a red oblong circle that says OK. No matter how many times I delete it , it returns.
    It all started with my email program Eudora when I was trying to send an email. Eudora kept timing out & would not send the email. Eudora error message
    stated that it was a bad URL. I copied the Message to notepad & then to thumb drive & pasted in Eudora on another PC & it worked just fine.
    I have deleted all references to Eudora in the Reg. & still am plagued this error code. What gives?? Thanks...
    Where there's a will, there's a way

That sounds a lot like malware. Have you tried running Malwarebytes ti see if it finds anything?

I did check that & found nothing. Lately, it stopped bugging me. It might be that I had cleaned the reg. of remnants of Eudora (Qualcomm). However, recently Win 10 has started blocking Eudora from being installed. I get a red flag stating that windows is blocking for your protection. No problem with win 7.only now with win10. I need to get in to the control center & unblock that, but not sure how to do it??

WoW! Looks like a real "do it yourselfer" Thanks jdc. perhaps I can find an answer in one of those URL's. That should keep me busy for a while. LOL.

The first url probably has the solution - turn off UAC when installing Eudora. Try that one first. Once you get it installed, turn UAC back on and see what happens. Eudora may or may not run. If it does not run, start checking the other url links.

There must be other ways to turn off UAC as the one with the sliding bar did not work?? I dropped it to the bottom which should have disabled the UAC. So far I am still unable to install under the normal procedure.
    Being that Eudora will work as a stand alone, I can use it either on a thumb drive or separate HD. However, it's not without faults. The best way is to be able to install to C:\.................

Possibly useful link on how to turn off UAC:

https://community.spiceworks.com/top...-on-windows-10

I found that link on my cellphone & did the reg thing just like they stated & it did not phase the problem one bit.As far as I know UAC is turned off completely & windows still rejects the install.
    I'm wondering if I were to delete all of the windows updates up to the point where I installed the cd, if that might work? I may have to resort to reinstalling windows... I even went so far as changing the name of the Eudora installer. No luck either......Maybe there are other UAC 's to turn off or should one do it all??

When you try to install Eudora, if there is an Advanced (or similar) option, you should be able to tell the installer what folder to install it under. DO NOT use the default selection of Program Files (or Program Files (x86)). Instead, make sure you have created a Eudora folder on the C: drive (C:\Eudora), and try installing it there. Report back what happens.

https://www.tenforums.com/browsers-e...-win-10-a.html

Installing Eudora 7.1.0.9 is definitely out of the question for Windows 10. I've had it on other computers. My wife has it on her PC. But for some odd reason, it is now block. However, I was browsing through some of my computer tools & found a version of Eudora 7.1 & it installed perfectly.
    It also blended with the 7.1.0.9 version that I had installed on a thumb drive using Windows7 & then pasting it into a secondary HD.
    So far so good. Now I need to engage my UAC's.....................

And, you probably need to make an image backup of your system once you get everything set up and running so you can restore functionality in case a future Microsoft "update" causes a new failure.

That's a good idea jdc. However, I have never learned nor did that, in all my computing years. Guess I can learn.. Back to school. LOL..............

Thread Information