Dell laptop locked out, forgot password and don't have reset disk? Need help..

Thread: Dell laptop locked out, forgot password and don't have reset disk? Need help..

Dell laptop locked out, forgot password and don't have reset disk? Need help..

I got locked out of my Dell Inspiron laptop, forgot password to get in.. Also the hint doesn't remind me of what I put.. I have several cats, and I put cat....This was bought in 2017 so that has been a while.. No help on Dell site, they kept telling me to change my MS password, duhhh I can't open my laptop to do anything. Is my only hope is to reinstall windows 10, just because I forgot my password??

Thanks for reading, any and all help would be Great..
    patti686

Sorry.... But we can't post info that may or may not help in an open to the public site.

There are too many stolen computers out there and we don't want to help the bad guys.

If you have a receipt or proof that you actually own the laptop, you may be able to find someone locally that can help. We cannot post any helpful info here, unfortunately.

This might also be a good time to recommend a password management program like KeePass, or some other secure method of saving the many passwords that are now needed for lots of things, for future cases like this.

A backup of your user files as well as the installer files and any setup codes for your software on an external device might also be a good idea for the future as well.

Thread Information