2004 update froze then rolled back to 1909

Thread: 2004 update froze then rolled back to 1909

2004 update froze then rolled back to 1909

I watched it. It downloaded to my 1909 version on my Dell Latitude E6440 with a SSD, plenty of space, 16 GB ram but then it started it's install and a half hour into it it just froze the screen and none of my keys would work. I had to shut it off with the turn on/off button. When it restarted it said Undoing the changes and the progression bar ran backwards. This happed twice.

What I tried. I updated the bios, updated parts of the hardware in my Device Manager like Video, Wifi, Ethernet, Sound and I have not got my install link in Windows Update to try it again. So I want to try it again but after two weeks I do an update and it only does Windows Security and not the 2004 link.

So I can wait for the link but don't want another failed 2004 install.

I did run Sfc /scannow and a dism restore health command as well. So I am all ready to go again for the install whenever it shows up.

Any ideas?
    Note: My questions may be to help others
    Thanks, JB

Microsoft may have decided that there is a hardware compatibility issue on your computer, so the update is deferred until they have that resolved. There have been quite a few issues with the 2004 update.

Thread Information